CCTV-America in Washington D.C. is looking for an experienced digital producer to join a rapidly growing global news network. Our audience is the world. The successful candidates will work well in a team environment against tight deadlines and love web-native storytelling.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of journalism experience and digital production, along with a strong understanding of technology. This person will be responsible for strong enterprise work and bringing our broadcast stories to life on the web. You’ll also be working with our team to produce multimedia, data visualizations, maps, and graphics. Innovative, creative, and engaging storytelling that informs our audience is our goal.
You will help create strategies for growing audience on our website, mobile and broadcast.
Include links to examples of your work in your application.
* Reporting, shooting and writing original web stories for cgtnamerica.com.
* Writing and editing news stories, photos, videos and interactive content for all platforms.
* React to and post breaking news quickly and accurately to our website and social media.
* Constant communication with newsroom staff on events and long-term projects.
* Monitor newscasts, social media and other news sources for trends and to distinguish newsworthy stories.
* Applicants should be able to identify good stories in data and present in interesting ways to users.
* Responsibilities include other duties as assigned.
* Working knowledge of multimedia explainers, data analysis and visualization, interactive design, charts and infographics, audience engagement, video, photography and sound are all a plus.
*4+ years working experience in news digital platforms
*Strong knowledge of WordPress.
* Excellent writing, researching and editing skills
* Copy editing (your work and others) for presentation on website and digital platforms
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch gears quickly
* Knowledge of and interest in international news
* ENPS or other newsroom platform
* Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere and Photoshop, Google Maps, Fusion tables
* Understand the social media universe and demonstrate creativity & documented immersion posting to social media.
* SEO techniques, Google Analytics and digital trends
* Experience with statistical methods, cartography, or other deep data analysis
* Flexibility to work various shifts & holidays, as needed.
* Track trends in social media & digital storytelling.
* Background with HTML and CSS
BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications or related digital field strongly preferred.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity company, EEOC
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can watch CCTV America wherever you are, online or on mobile.