Responsibilities: The ideal candidate for this position would have extensive experience in television documentary film production and acquisition. The position would assist in the development of a documentary film series for the network.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop strong relationships with film producers, documentary production houses, festival and theater programmers, executives, producers and creative talent.
- Possible travel to film festivals, conferences, film schools and other content marketplaces
- Screening of submissions; outreach to talent; and deal-making related to content acquisition/licensing
- Identifying sources of content in the United States and Globally
- Assist in re-editing films for television as needed
- Able to manage production budgets
- Minimum five years, experience working in non-fiction acquisitions and programming/development
- Strong connections in film, television, film festival, independent production and talent communities
- A global perspective
- Knowledge of China and the developing world an important advantage
- Flexibility to work on various schedules on tight deadline pressure
- Motivated self-starter who is able to work independently and in a small team environment
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can watch CCTV America wherever you are, online or on mobile.