Responsibilities: The ideal candidate for this position would have extensive experience in in the area of global television documentary film. The position would head a small team to build an impactful documentary film series for the network.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the development of documentary films either through acquisition or commissioned production
- Oversee budgets related to acquiring films and production
- Develop strong relationships with film producers, documentary production houses, festival and theater programmers, executives, producers and creative talent
- Travel to film festivals, conferences, film schools and other content marketplaces
- Screening of submissions; outreach to talent; and deal-making related to content acquisition/licensing
- Identifying sources of content in the United States and Globally
- Minimum ten years, experience working in non-fiction acquisitions and programming/development
- Strong connections in film, television, film festival, independent production and talent communities
- A global perspective
- Knowledge of China and the developing world an important advantage
- Flexibility to work on various schedules on tight deadline pressure
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com
Now you can watch CCTV America wherever you are, online or on mobile.