At least two are dead and six are injured after an explosion went off on a bus Tuesday in the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou, Xinhua News Agency reported.
A spokesman with Guangzhou’s public security bureau said that the flames had been put out and all the injured passengers were in the hospital.
“I heard a bang, and in five minutes, the bus was reduced to a frame,” an unnamed passenger who escaped the bus was quoted as saying.
Guangzhou police said on their blog that they were investigating the incident, which occurred in the Haizhu district of the city. They said two charred bodies had been found at the scene.
Earlier this month, 32 people were injured in a bus fire in eastern China’s Hangzhou city after a male passenger poured flammable liquid from his backpack and then set in on fire. Police said the man did it try to gain fame, according to Xinhua.
This report was compiled with information from Xinhua and The Associated Press.