The United Nations human rights chief said Israel must stop the excessive use of force by its security forces along the Gaza border.
At least 45 Palestinians have been killed with more than 6,000 wounded since demonstrations began in late March. Palestinians are demanding to return to their homes – homes they claim were seized when the state of Israel was created back in 1948.
CGTN’s Stephanie Freid reports from Tel Aviv.
For more on the future of the Iran nuclear deal:
- Ian Black is a visiting senior fellow with the Middle East Centre at the London School of Economics.
- Negar Mortazavi is a Washington Correspondent for Iran International.
- Boaz Bismuth is the Editor-in-Chief of Israel Hayom.
For weeks now, Palestinians have been protesting along the border in Gaza.
Israeli forces have used live ammunition, rubber bullets and tear gas against the demonstrators in what Israel says is its right to defend itself.
- Huwaida Arraf is a Palestinian American attorney and the co-founder of International Solidarity Movement.
- Ian Black is a journalist and author of “Enemies and Neighbors: Arabs and Jews in Palestine and Israel 1917-2107.”
- Boaz Bismuth served as the Israeli Ambassador to Mauritania from 2004-2008.
— China Xinhua News (@XHNews) May 2, 2018
— China Daily (@ChinaDailyUSA) May 2, 2018
— Newsweek (@Newsweek) April 25, 2018