CGTN AMERICA in Washington D.C. is looking for an experienced line producer for our highly dynamic business news programming.
Our shows emphasize international business and global economic news — including trade and investment issues with a special focus on China, Latin America, technical innovation and women in the workplace.
The successful candidates would be able to work well in a team environment against tight deadlines and bring in content elements from multiple sources.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Over 4 years of line production experience
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment
- International news experience essential and some business news knowledge preferred
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Having the ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch gears quickly
- Using all production elements accurately, consistently and creatively
- Monitoring wires and feed sources for updated information
- Timing programs and segments with a good sense of pacing, energy and urgency
- Working with assignment editors, reporters, writers and bookers while making editorial and content decisions in accordance with Executive Producer
- At times helping to generate editorial content for Global Business
- Bringing fresh ideas and approaches to presenting complex financial stores to a global general audience
- Coordinating with producers, reporters, and guest bookers throughout the production process
- Helping to promote programming on digital media as well as working with the digital media team to produce original content for the web
- At times participating in other newsroom duties as required by Executive Producer
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can watch CGTN America wherever you are, online or on mobile.