CGTN America, an expanding international news network, is looking for an energetic Creative Designer to work in our Americas headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Daily work involves conceptualizing design and animation solutions for broadcast and digital news stories as well as long-term projects such as promo work, show design and branding. He/she needs to be agile and able to work in an active, fast paced news environment where priorities can change. Create stand out materials beyond regular news graphics. Develop on brand creative across platforms and media utilizing audio, video and graphic design.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evolve, support and maintain network design and branding across, all creative, editorial, digital and program production on all platforms as well as print.
- The ability to work independently with minimal guidance and to manage and collaborate well within a team
- Collaboration with Editorial and Digital teams to execute informative and engaging design
- Excellent communication, collaboration and team building skills
- The drive to learn and teach new design tools/techniques as technology changes
- The ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment and to balance competing priorities
Qualifications / Skills:
- Broadcast Design degree and 2+ years Hands on experience at a design studio, post production house, cable/broadcast network/station experience with motion graphics (2d/3d animation), typography, design
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take ownership and manage project timelines
- Strong knowledge video editing, related applications and workflow
- Team-oriented, positive, can-do attitude
- Strong design and typography skills
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and inventiveness
- Attention to detail and creativity in problem solving
- Highly proficient in Adobe CS, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator mandatory
- Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro HD and Cinema 4d (working knowledge)
- Proficient using both MAC and PC
- Technical knowledge of ORAD highly desirable
- Still and video (DSLR) production skills a plus
- Knowledge of Apple Motion, ENPS a plus
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, including holidays
- Link of related work examples describing role
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can watch CGTN America wherever you are, online or on mobile.