It is political season in Beijing as China’s National People’s Congress and the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference gather for what’s called the Two Sessions meetings.
Thousands of delegates are attending from all across China as major economic policies and goals are presented.
The meetings give important insight into China’s domestic and foreign policy.
- Victor Gao is vice president of the Center for China and Globalization.
- Song Zhang is the Washington Bureau Chief for the Shanghai Wen Hui Daily.
- Nathan King, CGTN White House Correspondent
- Cheng Li, senior fellow in Foreign Policy at the Brookings Institution
- Saruhan Hatipoglu is CEO of Business Environment Risk Intelligence and CGTN’s global economics analyst
Registering the #highest gender ratio ever in the legislature's history, China's 13th National People's Congress (NPC) has seen 742 women out of the total of 2,975 lawmakers, or 24.9%. #TwoSessions pic.twitter.com/3koFlLJMQp
— People's Daily, China (@PDChina) March 8, 2019
— CGTN (@CGTNOfficial) March 8, 2019
China says new foreign investment law to foster 'fair competition' https://t.co/KYcw8wBXDc
— Reuters China (@ReutersChina) March 8, 2019