CGTN America is looking for a correspondent to work out of Los Angeles.
- Define news and feature stories of international significance for TV broadcast and digital coverage
- Experience in breaking news and ability to travel on short notice
- Demonstrate aptitude in covering national and international news stories
- Write and deliver concise and comprehensive news packages and live shots.
- Apply considerable ingenuity, “out of the box” creative thinking and analytical skills to identify, evaluate and resolve complex problems within their assignments
- Pitch original story ideas for long and short form programming
- Show flexibility with working hours, including weekends and nights
- Perform well in a high pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate experience in breaking news scenarios and sound decision-making ability under pressure
- Have wide knowledge not only of U.S. domestic and global news including how an event could relate to China.
- Ability to perform daily responsibilities swiftly, accurately and comprehensively
- Must be a good writer
- Team player who can overcome cross-cultural communication gaps and rapidly changing scenarios to deliver positive results
- 5 + years of broadcast television experience
- International news gathering and television field experience a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com