CGTN America in Washington D.C. is looking for a freelance digital producer to help craft our online presence across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and the CGTN America Website.
The ideal candidate will have experience in publishing videos, images and articles across social media platforms as well as exceptional writing skills for tweets, titles, descriptions and thumbnails. In addition, this role will focus on generating engagement across our social media channels through re-tweeting, community moderation, monitoring online trends and connecting with online communities with the goal of growing our overall audience. Basic video production and video editing skills are also required for this role.
Include links to examples of your video work in your application.
- Publish videos, images and articles on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Weibo and the CGTN America website.
- Community moderating across CGTN America Social Media platforms
- Reversion and publish broadcast media content across digital platforms.
- Monitor CGTN output, social media and other news sources for trends and to distinguish newsworthy stories.
- React to and post breaking news quickly and accurately to our website and social media.
- Identifying good stories in data and present in interesting ways to users.
- Working knowledge of photography and sound, multimedia explainers, data analysis and visualization, interactive design, infographics and audience engagement.
- Responsibilities include other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to work weekends
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications or related field strongly preferred.
- 4+ years working experience in news digital platforms.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress. Development skills a plus.
- Excellent writing, researching and editing skills.
- Copy editing (your work and others) for presentation on website and digital platforms.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch gears quickly.
- Knowledge of and interest in international news.
- ENPS or other newsroom platforms.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere and Photoshop, Google Maps, Fusion tables.
- Understanding of the social media universe and demonstrate creativity posting to social media.
- Knowledge of SEO techniques, Google Analytics and digital trends.
- Some familiarity with HTML and CSS.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com