CGTN America is looking for Winter/Spring 2020 internship applicants to work in all areas of our news gathering operation.
Location: Washington D.C.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
About Us: CGTN America broadcasts news and talk programming from in its production facilities in Washington D.C., joining our headquarters in Beijing, and our sister broadcast centers in Nairobi, Kenya and London, England in providing a comprehensive as well as balanced view of the world in which we live.
Our Mission: To provide English-speaking viewers everywhere a different way to see the world by simply covering more of it. We can always be seen at: https://america.cgtn.com/livenews/
Job Description: This is an educational program designed for college students who are interested in pursuing a career in journalism, broadcasting and public relations. It will provide an opportunity for you to learn the operation of the department assigned to while, at the same time allow you to perform some of the job functions that are critical to the learning process.
The main responsibilities of an intern are, but not limited to, the following:
• Taking in and cutting feeds
• Using digital editing equipment
• Updating and working on website and social media
• Taking part in coverage discussions
• Shadowing/helping reporters and photographers on assignment
• Assisting the assignment desk in answering telephone calls, making follow up calls on stories, and any other duties that may be designated by an assignment editor
• Assisting producers, writers, and production assistants in the production of a newscast(s).
• Any other duties that may be assign as needed
Department is at the discretion of management. Completed application packets are reviewed and qualified students are contacted directly.
Required Qualifications Students (verification required) must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of internship. Participants must have good computer skills, excellent written skills and verbal communication abilities. Internships requires minimum of 3 months employment.
EEOC Statement Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply: please send the following to Resumes@cgtnamerica.com for evaluation.
1) One copy of your resume outlining any other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, and expected graduation date
2) A Cover Letter which must include: Personal Introduction Statement verifying eligibility and which semester you wish to intern, days and times you are available during the internship period
3) At least two reference letters. One must be from an academic advisor or professor.
Applications must be received at least 30 days prior to the start date of the semester in which you wish to participate in the internship program. Applications are evaluated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
CGTN America newscasts can always be watched at: https://america.cgtn.com/livenews/