Assistant Assignment Editor CGTN News Desk- Mandarin Division
Maintain a keen focus on and awareness of global news events. Possess a clear understanding of digital news gathering and TV news production including editorial, logistical and operational techniques.
Must be capable of efficiently handling multiple breaking news stories in a fast paced network newsroom environment. Must be experienced in planning the coverage of upcoming large and small-scale news events.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather and enter data related to workload
- Compile reports to managers for review, in both English and Mandarin.
- Constantly track correspondent assignments, shooting and delivery schedules
- Work closely with general, business, talk format and long-form show producers to satisfy content needs
- Develop and maintain a close familiarity with issues and personalities influencing news events in North and South America, as well as in China and the Asia-Pacific
- Adhere to the highest journalistic standards for ethics and responsibility
- Easily adapt to other duties and responsibilities required by the Director of the Mandarin Division
- Possess an understanding of television news agencies and how they function
- Bi-lingual in both English and Mandarin.
- Must have at least 1-3 years network or major market newsgathering experience
- Maintain excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess an understanding of and appreciation for a multi-national, multi-cultural work environment
- Have and maintain a clear understanding of how social media is used to cover and influence news events
- A valid work visa is required
- Keen interest in China and Asia-Pacific
- International news gathering and television field experience a plus
This position is in Downtown Washington, D.C.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can watch CGTN America wherever you are, online or on mobile.