CGTN America in Washington D.C. is looking for a Broadcast Studio Engineer.
- Will be stationed in the studio control room throughout the shift. Unless otherwise directed by the supervisor or due to a technical need at another area/location.
- Daily check operation of video and audio equipment, routers, intercom, DA’s and to check in house CATV system.
- Daily check and ensure that the Studio cameras are in good working order.
- During the live and pre-taped shows, be present in the control room and monitor the shows and address technical discrepancies if any.
- Performs a line test every day with Beijing studios for signal consistency, lip sync delay and clock check on the main fiber and as well as the backup fiber connection.
- Monitor incoming signals from remote feeds, pre-tape and live studio feeds
- Monitors audio signal levels to the broadcast standard.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Television Broadcasting facility.
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair broadcast equipment to component level and issues related to overall systems.
- Thorough knowledge of waveform and vectorscope and other measurement equipment.
- Knowledge of Grass Valley switchers, NV routers, Miranda multi-viewers, Studio audio mixers, Clear Com intercom systems, Sony studio cameras, pedestals, and jibs etc.
- Thorough understanding of studio workflows.
- Thorough knowledge of digital signals, H .264/.265, AES audio, aspect ratio.
- Knowledge of encoders and decoders, TVU’s, BGAN’s, Fiber optical circuits
- Knowledge of the different formats PAL and NTSC.
- Knowledge of Video editing systems
- Must be a self-starter. Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to read the schematics and engineering drawings during troubleshooting a signal problem.
- Should be able to handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to prioritize in time-sensitive situations
- Knowledge of MPEG-associated streams (lip sync, jitter, pixilation, MPEG artifacts).
- Thorough knowledge of PCs, networking and IP routing
- Active Listening skills, time management skills, and communicating skills are essential.
- Work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment
- Reports to the Deputy Director of Engineering
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD desired
- SBE certification preferred
- Bilingual in English and Chinese
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org