CGTN is looking for a full-time Digital Planner for its Digital Division in Washington, D.C.
CGTNAMERICA.COM in Washington D.C. is looking for an experienced planning producer to join our digital team. Our audience is the world. The successful candidate will work well in a team environment against tight deadlines and have a passion for digital storytelling.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in newsroom planning for both daily coverage and special events as well as a good understanding of digital and field production. The position will be responsible for coordinating with our broadcast news-gathering operation and programs to make sure that digital coverage is in-step with the wider newsroom. This role also entails creating and managing coverage plans for the digital department which includes both digital only content and contributions from other teams.
The digital planner should be able to think outside the box in terms of how to cover and story and formats that work for a digital audience. This position requires the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at an given time in a high pace environment. Ability to stay calm under pressure of breaking news is a key attribute. Digital planners are a vital part of our digital operation,
- Coordinating with the news-desk on daily coverage plans
- Reacting to breaking news and creating coverage plans quickly
- Coordinating with the Guest Booking department for interviews
- Running planning meetings and presenting digital coverage plans to management
- Creating special coverage plans for big news events and ongoing stories.
- Maintain an editorial calendar
- Working with digital producers and Managing Producer on a daily basis to ensure coverage plans are being implemented
- Constant communication with newsroom staff on daily events and long-term projects.
- Monitor newscasts, social media and other news sources for trends and to distinguish newsworthy stories.
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications or related field strongly preferred.
- 2+ years working experience in news digital platforms.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress. Development skills a plus.
- Excellent writing, researching and editing skills.
- Copy editing (your work and others) for presentation on website and digital platforms.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch gears quickly.
- Knowledge of and interest in international news.
- ENPS or other
- Newsroom platforms.
- Understanding of the social media universe and demonstrate creativity posting to social media.
- Some familiarity with HTML and CSS.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org