CGTN is looking for a Director of Newsgathering
This position oversees the News Desk operations at CGTN America and as head of “input” coordinates news coverage for growing global television and digital media platforms.
The successful candidate will
- Capable of managing a team of reporters, cameramen, assignment, planning and operations editors.
- Be skilled at effective communication not only within the production center in D.C. but with colleagues across the network in Beijing, London and Beijing.
- Excel at working under pressure in breaking news situations
- Be a good, adaptable team player – able to work well with a range of output editors and Executive Producers across the network
- Have a proven record in covering news and exercising sound news judgment.
- Sound knowledge of international news and current affairs
- A strong appreciation of multi-cultural differences, working in an ethnically diverse newsroom.
- Willingness to embrace the digital world.
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, or international relations or related fields
- 8 + years of television news broadcast and/or editorial management
- International news gathering and television field experience
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org