CGTN is looking for a Features Video Editor
CGTN is looking for an outstanding video editor for its Features unit. The candidate must assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches producer’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting. Experience in long -form is necessary.
- Combine raw footage from various sources and shoots with other scenes to create a cohesive story.
- Gather and transfer all forms of media into editing software and ensure each is in appropriate format (e.g. frame rate, frame size, field order etc)
- Edit footage on timelines and adjust length of shots to create a more impactful pacing for the story
- Combine visual footage with audio sound effects, dialogue, ambient sound and a musical soundtrack to create more drama in the story
- Create and export rough and final cuts in appropriate formats
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Ensure video (luminance and color) and audio levels are seamless and unified throughout the edit (color correction, audio mixing)
- Ensure video and audio levels are within legal limits for broadcasting.
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos according to different deliverable specifications
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor with at least 3 years’ broadcast news experience, preferably with internationally-renowned media organizations
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Edius, Lightworks, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Thorough knowledge of timing, self-motivation and initiative would also be worthwhile strengths in the applicant.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
- Calm under pressure and a strong team player.
- Ability and willingness to self-produce as needed, e.g. searching for/double checking relevant information, finding additional picture elements from available sources, ensuring used materials are properly licensed and credited.
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field
- Native or fluent English speaker, with proficiency in written English.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org