CGTN America is looking for a Human Resources Manager in Washington D.C.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Location: Washington D.C.
Reporting to: Senior Manager of Human Resources
The primary responsibility of this role is to support Human Resources department with all HR related matters, including, but not limited to:
- Support the day-to-day human resource functions.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations and best practices in employment law, human resources and employee relations.
- Act as resource to employees when needed, providing guidance on and interpreting company policy as well as assuring that employee perspectives are heard and considered.
- Uses a consultative and coaching strategy and actions to guide management staff concerning Employee/Labor Relations and Organizational Development improvements and case resolutions.
- Provides training and guidance concerning the Performance Management Program.
- Collaborates with management staff on emerging Employee Relations issues, the disciplinary action process, and creative options for resolution.
- Provide high level written and oral communication skills sufficient to develop and deliver briefings project papers and status/staff reports.
- Acts as an experienced resource on employee benefits plan administration. Ensure retirement plans and other benefits plans adhere to regulatory and legal requirements. Works closely with internal resources on the benefit related issues.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation for all activities and communications.
- Manage talent acquisition and hiring process.
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process.
- Organize training & development initiatives.
- Complete billing reconciliation for assigned vendors.
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Minimum 5 years of in progressive human resources generalist or management role in a fast-paced environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field; Master’s preferred; PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Ability to work with highly confidential documents and data while ensuring discretion. Proven organization, coordination, and workload management skills and abilities;
- Proficiency and experience in core HR disciplines such as employee relations, talent management, compensation and benefits administration, and learning and development.
- Knowledge of basic human resources laws, policies, processes and programs to include FMLA, ADA, FLSA, HIPAA, OSHA, EEO, etc.
- Excellent professional judgment and extensive experience handling employee relations issues;
- Speed and efficiency in performing tasks with the ability to absorb new information quickly
- Polished communicator with the ability to advise managers, facilitate small and large group sessions, and navigate sensitive situations with tact;
- High degree of empathy and openness, with the ability to understand other experiences and perspectives to inform recommendations and business decisions;
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Team player and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Flexible hours may be needed as business and employee needs indicate.
- Working experience in media/ news industries is preferred
- Fluent in Mandarin desired
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org