CGTN America in Washington D.C. is looking for a Broadcast Engineer.
- Daily check operation of video and audio equipment, routers, intercom, DA’s and to check the in house CATV system channel lineup.
- Daily check and ensure that the Studio cameras are in good working order.
- During the live and pre-taped shows be present in the control room and monitor the shows and address technical discrepancies if any.
- Performs a line test every day with Beijing studios for signal consistency, lip sync delay and clock check on the main fiber and as well as the backup fiber connection.
- Monitor incoming signals from remote feeds, pre-tape and live studio feeds
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a Television Broadcasting facility
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair broadcast equipment to component level and issues related to overall systems.
- Working knowledge of video switchers, routers, multi-viewers, audio mixers, intercom systems, studio cameras, pedestals, and jibs etc.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of digital signals, H .264, H. 265, AES audio, aspect ratio, 1080 50I and 60i signals, SDI and HDSDI.
- Knowledge of MPEG-associated streams (lip sync, jitter, pixilation, MPEG artifacts).
- Knowledge of encoders and decoders, BGAN’s, Flyaways, Fiber optical circuits.
- Thorough knowledge of Avid editing systems.
- Should be able to build coax cables, cat6 and other cables as and when needed.
- Active Listening skills, time management skills, and communicating skills are essential.
- Work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD desired.
- Preference will be given to Chinese speaking individuals.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org