Staff Accountant/Accounts Payable
We are now seeking a Staff Accountant to join CGTN America in Washington DC.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day processing of accounting transactions and reporting while maintaining accurate and complete records and ensuring compliance with financial policies and controls. The Staff Accountant will be integrally involved in the company’s financial processes. The Staff Accountant, under the direction of the Accounting Manager, will be primarily responsible for accounts payable, reimbursements, monthly account reconciliations, and records keeping.
- Process payment requests and expense reports on a regular basis;
- Ensure all invoices are processed in a timely manner;
- Perform monthly account reconciliations;
- Perform data entry associated with accounts payable;
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies;
- Maintain vendor records, obtaining needed documentation (W-9, W-8 contact information, change of address, etc.) and submit changes to be made to accounting system as necessary;
- Keep track of all company credit card spending, and make payments on credit accounts;
- Analyze all accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure payment accuracy;
- Prepare appropriate and timely Forms 1099 at year-end;
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all data, records, files, credit cards, blank checks, etc.;
- Support other members of the Finance Office;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or other related field;
- 2-5 years of accounting and finance experience, with a focus on GAAP accounting and audit procedures and requirements;
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software (QuickBooks, Concur);
- Comfortable with productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as needed;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Distinctly self-motivated and cable of handling multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Bi-lingual in both English and Mandarin.
Job location: Washington, D.C.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org