CGTN America is looking for an Associate Producer to work in our Americas headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Job Title: Associate Producer
The Associate Producer is responsible for assisting in all aspects of TV newscasts production and for some digital production. The AP will help with locating, viewing, and editing videotape for broadcast. The AP needs to be up-to-date on international news and keep track of multiple show rundowns to ensure that all video is ready for air. Must be able to quickly turnaround video while on air and during breaking news situations.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Notify control room/ line producer of images coming in for Breaking News
- Straight cut video and work with editors when needed
- Available to assist producers with desktop editing
- Help coordinate incoming material for both news and digital during breaking news
- Ensure video producers are aware of video restrictions and contracted media is purged once it has lapsed
- Writing stories for air and digital.
- Researching stories
- Gathering elements and sharing with HQ
- Viewing all video before writing
- Explaining edit instructions in detail on script
- Pitching story ideas (day-of, next day, futures)
- Working directly with graphics department to create show graphics
- At least 2 years’ experience in news production preferably in an international environment.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends), ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to work under pressure, and during breaking news.
- Ability to work in a small team under pressure.
- News knowledge with strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of/Experience with International news.
- Flexibility to fill multiple roles and to work with people of different nationalities and backgrounds.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com