CGTN America is hiring a camera operator based in Washington, D.C.
- Working with multimedia journalists, planning team members and production staff in the news-gathering process.
- Responsible for operating the camera to convey images for network broadcasts.
- Responsible for correctly positioning and framing shots while reacting swiftly and accurately to director’s requests for live and pre-recorded productions.
- Display proficient technical skills across multiple key operating positions while adhering to high production standards.
- Collaborate on breaking news coverage and last minute programming changes as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of television production and newsgathering equipment and software.
- Knowledge of studio-based production and post production techniques.
- Minimum 3 of years of experience with professional video cameras (field, studio and drone)
- Hands on experience with major digital professional equipment lines. (E.g. Sony)
- Skilled in all forms of camera movement.
- Experienced with gimbal, slider, and tripod work and setup.
- Thorough understanding of shot composition.
- Experienced in visual storytelling.
- Excellent physical stamina.
- An enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals, who will join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories. Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that’s important to the global communities we serve.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin preferred.
- News broadcasting knowledge preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Journalism, Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, Engineering and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Live production experience a plus.
- Editing experience a plus.
- Strong skills in team work, following instructions, and time management. Candidates should also have a love for their craft and possess an incredible attention for detail.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org