CGTN America is hiring a news journalist based in Washington, D.C.
The ideal candidate is a journalist who can work quickly and effectively in a highly competitive environment. This is your chance to take your skills to another level and work with a nationally reputable team.
- Reporting and writing US – based stories and political stories
- Able to seek and find breaking news.
- Able to write reports during events such as government press briefings and key congressional hearings.
- Able to maintain a calendar of key dates and events in assigned coverage areas.
- Able to contribute story ideas and pitches during editorial meetings.
- Able to conduct interviews with subject matter experts or academic researchers, activists, entrepreneurs, etc.
- Post news content on assigned digital platforms daily.
- Detail – Oriented.
- Some travel may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned, and be a team player.
- Able to approach a story in a holistic manner – weaving together news feeds, their own reporting, videos, photos and social media input to create stories that are sharp, informative and highly attractive.
- Able to demonstrate creativity in story-telling, and conduct original reporting.
- Able to investigate thoughtfully, and create in-depth featured stories.
- Personal interest, and potential and to grow into a media influencer in the future.
- Strong skills in journalism and an ability to develop stories for daily newscasts. We are seeking a dynamic personality who is able to report news that consistently engages and impacts audiences on multiple platforms.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills in both Mandarin and English
- In-depth understanding of both Chinese culture and American culture
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years` experience reporting within an editorial team of a newspaper or a similar publication
- Ability to work on a deadline with speed and accuracy
- Investigative reporting experience preferred
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including a link to your latest work.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com