The Digital Planning Producer role is a vital editorial position geared towards conducting, overseeing and ensuring the best possible communication and cooperation between the digital and broadcast teams.
This person must have strong editorial, reporting, and writing skills, excellent news judgment, understanding of story structure for digital presentation, attention to detail, and the ability to articulate through email and phone calls to crews around the world.
The role will be a digital ambassador helping to solidify the importance of digital-first thinking throughout the entire CGTN culture.
Success in this position will be planning and executing futures, but also a critical daily hands-on role on to contribute to the news output on digital.
- Tracking major news in the Americas, Asia Pacific and China and plan for digital coverage.
- Working on daily, weekly and project planning.
- Communicating and coordinately closely with CGTN America desk for digital coverage.
- Researching and pitching stories with a unique digital presentation.
- Reacting fast on breaking news, and coordinating with other teams on its coverage based on the latest development, with a capability of handling multiple pieces of developing news.
- Communicating and coordinating with Beijing, London and Nairobi for global relay and resource sharing for the digital news publishing.
- Coordinating with field producers and correspondents by constantly keeping track of their shooting and delivering schedules.
- Following trending stories on social media and planning digital coverage accordingly.
- Summarizing the highlights and metrics of digital news publishing.
- Strategizing on how to market and grow audience for our digital stories.
- Working in the field and in house as digital producer as necessary to ensure vision for how digital production is executed.
- Responsibilities include other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications or related field strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress. Development skills a plus.
- Excellent writing, researching and editing skills.
- Copy editing (your work and others) for presentation on website and digital platforms.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch gears quickly.
- Knowledge of and interest in international news.