CGTN America in Washington D.C. is looking for a Senior Digital Producer to join our rapidly growing global news network. Our audience is the world. The successful candidate will work well in a team environment against tight deadlines and have a passion for digital storytelling.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of journalism experience and digital production, along with a strong understanding of social media and technology. This position will be responsible for overseeing and creating content for CGTN digital platforms which include web articles, videos, multimedia, data visualizations, maps, graphics and graphic cards. This role also entails working with our new-gathering teams in the field and helping to bring our broadcast stories to life online. We’re looking for someone that cares deeply about innovative, creative, and engaging storytelling that informs a global audience.
You will also take a lead in helping create strategies for growing audience on our social media, web, mobile and broadcast.
Senior Digital producers are a vital part of the newsroom. As a journalist and storyteller, you’ll be responsible for editorial decisions and experiments surrounding how and why stories are displayed, and how digital stories are covered.
Please include links to examples of your work in your application.
- Developing better strategies to improve CGTN’s traffic social media and other digital platforms, in a bid to improve the overall market penetration of CGTN content in North America and the world.
- Reviewing and approving content produced by digital producers. Improving the producers’ abilities to work on social media.
- Reacting to and posting breaking news quickly and accurately to our website and social media. Work with other producers to improve the timeliness of news publishing.
- Monitor newscasts, social media and other news sources for trends and to distinguish newsworthy stories.
- Identifying good stories in data and present in interesting ways to users through social media.
- Writing original web stories for CGTN social media and other platforms.
- Producing and editing digital content in-house aimed for social media.
- Constant communication with newsroom staff on events and long-term projects.
- Working knowledge of multimedia explainers, data analysis and visualization, interactive design, charts and infographics, audience engagement, video, photography and sound.
- Responsibilities include other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications or related field strongly preferred.
- 3+ years working experience in news digital platforms.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress. Development skills a plus.
- Excellent writing, researching and editing skills.
- Copy editing (your work and others) for presentation on website and digital platforms.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch gears quickly.
- Knowledge of and interest in international news.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere and Photoshop, Google Maps, Fusion tables.
- Understanding of the social media universe and demonstrate creativity posting to social media.
- Knowledge of SEO techniques, Google Analytics and digital trends.
- Some familiarity with HTML and CSS.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org