CGTN America is looking for an Associate Guest Producer.
As an associate guest producer, you will research and book a wide range of experts across the world for CGTN news shows and current affairs talk shows. You will work closely with production teams to advise on and secure appropriate interviewees, as well as preparing pre-interview and background briefings for producers and anchors. You will work closely with other newsroom teams in terms of all guest-booking related responsibilities. You will also help with Guest Booking related administrative tasks and ad hoc projects. Responsibilities include other duties as assigned.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Significant qualifications and skills in researching and booking a wide variety of experts and commentators across the world under deadlines
- Solid news judgment and understanding of fair and balanced journalism
- Superior research and excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Competitive spirit and a strong drive to excel
- Keeping abreast of social media tools relevant to news business
- strong time management skills and multitasking abilities
- Solid news writing skills
- 1+ years of national or local major market experience
- Interest in China and the Asia Pacific a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
- Fluent in English; foreign language a plus
- Web and social media experience a plus
Position is located in Washington, D.C.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org