Job Description: Media Operations Technician
CGTN America is seeking a Media Operations Technician.
Reporting to the Director of Broadcast Operations, this role would include the following duties:
- Download and ingest video and audio material from a variety of sources to the CGTN America server as requested.
- Ingest packages and footage from outside correspondents.
- Work with Video Editors and Editorial staff in the newsroom to coordinate the flow of video and production of news packages for daily broadcast.
- Set up daily recording feeds.
- Download shared video material from our networks in Beijing, Nairobi and London.
- Archive locally generated material, programs and news packages.
- Assist outside correspondents with footage requests.
The candidate should be acquainted with current methods of video delivery including FTP, inter-site transfer methods and direct delivery by satellite/fiber. They should also be familiar with naming conventions as well as the various standards of video format, i.e. HD/SD NTSC/PAL 1080i and so on.
- Knowledge of and experience with IT tools.
- Maintain a keen focus on and awareness of global news events.
- Develop and maintain a familiarity with issues and personalities influencing news events.
- Possess a clear understanding of TV news production including editorial, logistical and operational techniques.
- Comfortable in a multicultural environment.
Candidates should be prepared to work hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com