The Human Resources Generalist is a utility player on the HR team. Responsible for oversight of some HR operational functions such as benefits enrollments and at times, payroll.
Functionally the HR Generalist works hand in hand with the HR Manager and other Managers to insure that MediaLinks TV, LLC is an employer of choice in the industries we do business in.
The Generalist supports operational objectives by achievement of HR Operational duties and oversight that lead to smooth employee-facing operations and meeting retention goals. The Generalist acts as supporter to the Management team and in fact to the HR Manager.
- Handle day-to-day employee benefit-related issues to support our team members while simultaneously supporting operational objectives.
- Support or oversee processes for new hire administration, on-boarding, payroll and benefits.
- Will be the lead processor of HR benefits
- Will help create and build out HR policies, systems and procedures
- Will perform payroll as a back-up to Payroll Administrator
- Be a regular presence for the employees and actively interact with supervisors and staff to ensure that systems are functioning properly.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resources and/or policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Assures compliance with all laws and/or regulations regarding areas of assignment
- Facilitates and/or provides employee training (skills based and/or compliance) and orientations to the workforce and/or management as needed.
- Support any implementation or initiative in HR benefits
- Prepare payment requests for vendor payments.
- Process employment verification requests
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Assists with ongoing maintenance of personnel files and records retention policies and procedures
- Contribute to communication within the broadcast center making sure that internal upward and downward communication flows smoothly.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by HR management of the company.
- Experience as an HR Generalist
- 3+ year experience in HR/Payroll, or related field
- A bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgment. Resourcefulness
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Strong computer skills (MS Word and MS Excel) Experience with desktop publishing software (Illustrator, Page Maker, Photoshop) is a plus
- Experience with HRIS systems. ADP preferred
- Enough knowledge of wage-and-hour laws and regulations to efficiently process semi-monthly payroll and accruals
- Basic knowledge of Section 125 cafeteria plans (flexible spending accounts) and 401(k) profit-sharing plans, including maintenance, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org