CGTN America is looking for an Associate Producer to work in our Americas headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Job Title: Associate Producer
The Associate Producer is responsible for assisting in all aspects of segment production for hourly TV newscasts and occasionally for digital production. The AP reporting to a producer and writer, is responsible for locating, viewing, and editing videotape for broadcast. The AP needs to be up-to-date on international news and keep track of multiple show rundowns to ensure that all video footage is ready for air. Must be able to quickly turnaround video while on air and during breaking news situations.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Help coordinate incoming material with media managers.
• Notify control room/ line producer of images coming in for Breaking News.
• Straight cut video and work with editors when needed.
• Ability to write stories for air and digital.
• Researching stories and graphic elements.
• Gathering elements and sharing with CCTV HQ.
• Viewing video for producers and before writing.
• Pitching story ideas (day-of, next day, futures).
• Working directly with graphics department to create creative and accurate show graphics.
• Two years’ experience in TV news and/or digital news production.
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree is preferable.
• Ability to work flexible hours (including evening and weekends).
- Ability to work in a small team under pressure.
- News knowledge with strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of/Experience with International news.
- Flexibility thrive in an inclusive and diverse environment.
- Journalism degree, web news experience and a second language are all pluses.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org