Forty-five million visitors a month are on Twitch. The world’s leading video platform and community for gamers. It launched in June 2011.
- Twitch.tv allows gamers to connect by allowing them to broadcast, watch, chat and share techniques while playing video games.
- According to a recent report, Twitch is 4th in peak internet traffic beating Hulu, Facebook and Amazon. With 1.8% of peak internet traffic, it is surpassed only by Netflix, Google and Apple. An estimated 45 million unique visitors a month visit the site.
- The Twitch Partner Program allows gamers to make big bucks sharing revenue from their ads in their broadcasts. Some make up to $200,000 a year sharing game tips and commentary.
- Twitch executives say viewer engagement is over 100 minutes per day per user.
- Twitch grew over 40% in the past year and is the subject of reports of purchase by Google and YouTube.