No traditional afternoon tea is complete without cucumber sandwiches. Debby Kim’s quick and easy version are a delicious bite any time of the day.
- 8 oz (230 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon (15 mL) finely chopped chives
- 1 Tablespoon (15 mL) finely chopped parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 English cucumber
- 16 slices whole wheat bread
Peel and cut the cucumber lengthwise. Scoop out the seed center.
Thinly slice cucumber into crescents.
Mix softened cream cheese with chives, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Spread cream cheese mixture on each piece of bread and top with cucumber slices.
Place two pieces of the prepared bread together to make a sandwich. Cut the crust off and cut the sandwiches in half to make two finger sandwiches.
Repeat the process to make a total of 8 sandwiches (16 finger sandwiches).
Makes 8 sandwiches (16 finger sandwiches).