CGTN is looking for a full-time Assistant Editor for its Mandarin Division in Washington, D.C.
CGTN News Desk- Mandarin Division
This position should maintain a keen focus on and awareness of global news events. Work with correspondents to book guests and help with field production. Possess a clear understanding of TV news production including editorial, logistical and operational techniques. Capable of efficiently handling multiple breaking news stories in a fast-paced network newsroom environment.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Significant qualifications and skills in researching and booking a wide variety of experts and commentators across the world under deadlines
- Skills to interact and secure high-profile guests in and outside the U.S.
- Fulfill field production work with correspondents and camera crews on the scene of global news events
- Constantly track correspondent assignments, shooting and delivery schedules
- Develop and maintain a close familiarity with issues and personalities influencing news events in North and South America, as well as in China and Asia-Pacific
- Planning both short and long-term coverage on a global scale
- Easily adapt to other duties and responsibilities required by the Director of the Mandarin Division
- Possess an understanding of television news agencies and how they function
- Must have at least 1-3 years network or major market guest-booking and newsgathering experience
- Maintain excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess an understanding of and appreciation for a multi-national, multi-cultural work environment
- Keen interest in China and Asia-Pacific
- International news gathering and television field experience a plus
- Fluent in Mandarin desired, not a must
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org