CGTN is looking for a Coordinating Director
The Coordinating Director will provide production coordination for CGTN’s Washington D.C. television facility, working jointly with the many departments involved in the daily broadcast as well as acting as the lead director for the Control Room/Studio staff.
- To book and maintain the production schedule
- To assist the Director of Broadcast Operations and Creative Team in project planning and execution
- To direct different programs and maintain a high standard of quality.
- To continue the cross training program set within the department to ensure the team is ready to cover the many positions available during a broadcast.
- To establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts
- To report any additional production requests and costs to the Director of Broadcast Operations
- To schedule the workload effectively making sure staff is effectively assigned roles and responsibilities to meet the daily production demands
- To act as a focal point of contact for the team
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience managing crews, leadership in the control room, juggling schedules, daily management of control room staff and long- term planning
- Familiarity with broadcast standard equipment and post production procedures
- Ability to prioritise a conflicting workload efficiently while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail when working under tight deadlines
- Experience of maintaining office systems and following administrative procedures, and of devising new systems where appropriate
- The ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
- Resilience and stamina to sustain performance when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities
- The ability to demonstrate initiative
- An interest in and enthusiasm for the work in a global news network.
Require a four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Television production. Must have considerable industry work experience and extensive industry knowledge and technical expertise.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org