We are searching for an experienced anchor to work in Washington, D.C. as part of a highly motivated team made up of people from all over the world. Knowledge of China and international news is a plus as is experience with business news. Besides television, you should avidly follow and be followed on social media and bring ideas to contribute to our web output as well.
- Anchor live scripted and ad lib shows with personality and professionalism including live interviews.
- Work well as part of a diverse international team.
- Ability to juggle multiple news projects and flexibility to excel as a backup business anchor and a news reporter.
- Extensive live television experience required. International news experience is a plus.
- Pitch and produce news specials and report live from the field.
- Flexible working hours, including some holidays, weekends and evenings.
What you bring:
- Strong reporting and anchoring skills.
- Demonstrated experience with international stories, breaking news and live interviews.
- Knowledge of and interest in US domestic and international news particularly related to China.
- Ability to edit copy and mentor junior staff.
- Strong writing for television and social media.
- Minimum 5 + years of broadcast television experience. Plus a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Ability to fit in but with ideas that stand out.
**submit reel with resume
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org