CGTN America in Washington D.C. is looking for an experienced Technical Director/Studio Director to join a rapidly growing global news network. Our audience is the world. The successful candidate will work well in a diverse team environment.
The Technical Director/Studio Director is responsible for switching live and taped broadcasts and to cover as Director when assigned. Technical Director/Studio Director is also in charge of the crew while on-shift and is expected to oversee each crew members performance. Must be able to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to Directors, Management and Engineering regarding all technical areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Switch a fast-paced live news broadcast, pre-production and taped programs.
- Responsible for receiving instructions from Director to call up Cameras, Remotes, Graphics, Tapes, Still images and various other sources.
- Route various sources/images to monitors and video walls in the studio.
- Direct interviews, tapings and live newscasts while main directors are sick or on PTO.
- Must be able to take direction and make independent decisions regarding what elements to have available for air.
- Create and organize built effects for easy recall by other TD’s.
- Perform general level maintenance as required to maintain efficient equipment operation.
- Work closely with Creative and others network departments.
- Stay up to date on industry advancements and new technology.
- Report all on/off air & equipment discrepancies, when directing.
- Participate in production or project meetings.
- Help in the training of new TDs.
- 4 years switching live newscasts in a major market or international news network.
- Have working knowledge of all aspects of television production equipment.
- Experience on Grass Valley
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com