CGTN America is looking for a Guest Producer.
As a guest producer, you will research and book a wide range of experts and high-profiled guests across the world for CGTN news shows and current affairs talk shows. You will work closely with production teams to advise on and secure appropriate interviewees, as well as preparing pre-interview and background briefings for producers and anchors. You will keep expanding our contacts database covering a variety of expertise worldwide. You will also work closely with other news room teams in terms of all guest-booking related responsibilities.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Significant qualifications and skills in researching and booking a wide variety of experts and commentators across the world under deadlines
- Skills to interact and secure high-profile guests in and outside the U.S.
- Solid news judgment and understanding of fair and balanced journalism
- Superior research and excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Competitive spirit and a strong drive to excel
- Keeping abreast of social media tools relevant to news business
- strong time management skills and multitasking abilities
- Solid news writing skills
- 3+ years of national or local major market experience
- International experience a plus
- Interest in China and the Asia Pacific a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of live broadcasting experience including researching information and locating potential guests
- Fluent in English; foreign language a plus
- Web and social media experience a plus
Position is located in Washington, D.C.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com