The Multi-Skilled Operator will be responsible for assisting in a studio/control room environment to support the production and delivery of news content, live and tape, by operating different technical systems to support the requirements of the assigned program(s). This role is an integral part of the Broadcast Operations Team to get items programs air.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Setup and operate technical equipment in a safe manner as directed to support production requirements. This may include cameras, lighting, sound, video mixer, graphics systems, and a range of other technical equipment.
- Report technical issues to the engineering team in a timely manner so that problems are addressed quickly, and with minimal impact.
- Dress IFBs, mic guests, and manage guest traffic on and off set when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience in a multi-skilled technical operations role in local news or network.
- Knowledge of production workflows, broadcast equipment and systems including, but not limited to, cameras, sound, video mixing, lighting, graphics and Playout.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to prioritize a daily workload, and to meet deadlines both individually and as part of a team.
- Able to react tactfully and sympathetically to unusual requests from production staff and to refer upwards for guidance.
- Strong communication skills a must; ability to communicate quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge of news & current affairs helpful.
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Can proactively, identify problems and offer solutions.
- Solid work ethic with proven technical expertise.
- Ability to work under pressure, succeed in a fast-paced high-pressure deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, constantly changing environment.
- This position will require working on weekends and/or holidays, as assigned by manager.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can watch CGTN America wherever you are, online or on mobile.