Leaders from the Group of 77 plus China agreed to move forward as a block in order to promote South-South cooperation, solidarity and a fairer global system for developing countries. More than 130 member states, plus China, took part in the third South Summit and called for global financial reform.
Joining the discussion:
- Sourabh Gupta is a Resident Senior Fellow and Asia-Pacific Policy Specialist at the Institute for China-America Studies.
- Mario Sergio Lima is a Senior Brazil Analyst with Medley Advisors, a political risk consulting firm.
- Joseph Ochieno is an African affairs writer and commentator.
- Victor Gao is a Chair Professor at Soochow University.
I closed the Third South Summit of the Group of 77 and China with a call on leaders in the world to support each other’s prosperity and ensure that nobody is left behind.
My one year chairmanship of the G77+China group of nations shall focus on three key issues;
1. Enabling… pic.twitter.com/W7cDNWEdkp
— Yoweri K Museveni (@KagutaMuseveni) January 22, 2024
— United Nations Geneva (@UNGeneva) January 23, 2024